World’s First Integrated Imaging Service for Long Covid approved by UK’s MHRA. Read more.
This role is a 12 month fixed term contract for Maternity cover, ideally starting in May 2021
Working closely with the Chief Innovation Officer, the Grants Manager will manage and maintain oversight of all active research grants in the company. This will involve identifying funding opportunities, overseeing the preparation and submission of grant applications, day-to-day management of active grants (including financial reporting and progress updates for funding bodies), and managing relationships with collaborators.
You will have good organisational and interpersonal skills to ensure Perspectum’s grant applications and awards are managed and prioritised so that targets and deadlines are met. You will also seek to develop the role and to improve and streamline grant-related process within the company.
Prepare Grant Applications
- Proof reading of grant applications
- Provide advice and support to applicants throughout the application process
- Ensure all necessary documentation is completed and uploaded to the relevant grant submission portal prior to submission
- Coordinate collaborative applications e.g. collating budgets, letters of support, CV’s etc.
- Write content for applications (proposal, budget justification, timelines, letters of support)
- Review applications to ensure compliance with funder rules
- Preparation of grant budgets with the Lead Scientists and Finance Team
- Final submission and approval of grant applications
- Liaise with collaborators regarding setup
- Prepare spend profile/forecasts
- Review and coordinate sign off of award letters
- Provide relevant information for ethics applications where required
- Coordinate creation of new contracts with Perspectum Legal Team
- Overall responsibility for management and oversight of Perspectum’s grants
- Organise collaborative meetings
- Manage timesheet completion/submission
- Prepare presentations for quarterly review meetings with external monitoring officers
- Keep grant trackers/databases up to date
- Liaise with funders/monitoring officers
- Be the primary point of contact for the Lead Scientist on each grant
- Liaise with grant/finance contacts at collaborating sites
- Coordinate/write progress and end of project reports
- Review and coordinate claims/financial reports/audits
- Ensure budgets are being spent in line with funder rules and on time
- Coordinate project change requests/extensions/amendments
- Keep up to date with upcoming funding opportunities
- Manage submission and tracking of conference abstracts
- Manage grant related folders and filing of documentation
- Write policies and processes relating to grants
- Experience of working on or with grant-funded projects
- Experience of working with budgets and financial figures
- Knowledge of research grants and contracts
Degree or equivalent experience in a Medical, Life or Physical Science background
An interest in science and innovation
Experience of working in an administrative role, preferably within Medical Sciences or related sectors
- Previous project management experience
- A desire to develop the role and actively seek improvements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Effective time management – working to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a busy, multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Interested in this position?
We are always looking for brilliant people to join us here at Perspectum Diagnostics.
Use the form below to send us your application.