Privacy and Cookies
- how we may use, store, and transfer the personal data you provide to us when using our Site;
- how you can exercise any rights you have pursuant to privacy laws; and
This page was last updated on 11 June 2020.
Who We Are
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 (“DPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) the data controller is Perspectum Ltd, a company incorporated and registered in the United Kingdom under number 08219473, our registered office address is Gemini One, John Smith Drive, Oxford Business Park South, OX4 2LL, England. The Perspectum group also includes Perspectum Inc of 400 Oyster Point Blvd, Suite 435, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA and Perspectum Asia PTE Ltd of 42 Tras Street, #03-01 and 03-03, Singapore, 078981.
Personal Data We Collect
We may use personal data you provide to us:
- through the Contact Details form on our Site;
- if you contact us using an email address shown on our Site.
The personal data we use may include your name, email address, telephone number, and such other details you provide. If you provide us with personal data relating to another person, you agree that you have obtained their consent to the disclosure, and to our use of it in accordance with this Policy.
We will keep your details to correspond with you. If you no longer want us to correspond with you or the purpose of communication has been met, we will delete your personal data, unless we need to retain it for legal purposes.
Our Use of Personal Data
We shall use your personal data to correspond with you.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data with any member of our group of companies from time to time for the purposes shown in this Policy.
We may share your personal data with service providers as necessary for us to correspond with you. Our service providers may include:
- Amazon Web Services, who provide us with hosting services and who will in the course of hosting come into possession of your personal data;
- Our hosting service providers in relation to the Site, who may in the course of hosting come into possession of technical information regarding your visit to and use of the Site – they will not be able to identify you;
- Microsoft, Inc., who provide us with their cloud-based Microsoft 365 service as well at their cloud-based Dynamics customer relationship management (CRM) service. Microsoft will host our emails as well as various of our internal documents on its servers, and their CRM service is used by us to keep track of our correspondence and contact with our clients and commercial prospects.
Each service provider may provide your personal data to their service providers who provide necessary support functions (for instance, the third parties who host their servers). However, such disclosure will only be for the purpose of providing the relevant services.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to any prospective acquirer of all or part of our business or assets (in which case our accumulated data, including your personal data, may be comprised in our business or assets);
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation or to protect our rights, property, and safety or those of our customers or others.
Otherwise, we will not provide your personal data to any third parties. We do not provide your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
We may also collect, retain and use certain technical information regarding your visit to the Site. This may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you visit the Site (which we will never combine with your contact details) and other non-identifying information regarding your usage of the Site (including browsing on the Site, selecting links, your chosen browser, and your internet service provider). See the section headed Cookies for information about the cookies we use.
We may share technical information regarding your visit to, or use of, the Site, or aggregated data from which no individual is identifiable, to analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and operations of the Site.
Where Your Personal Data Is Stored
Your personal data may be transferred to and stored outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and processed by individuals outside the EEA who work for us, a member of our group of companies, or one of our business partners, service providers, or sub-contractors. We will only transfer information outside of the EEA to locations in the United Kingdom, Singapore, and USA and such transfers are subject to the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses and appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal data.
Third Parties and Security
The Site contains links to third party websites and refers to third party service providers and other entities. If you follow a link to any third party website or deal with any third party entity referred to on the Site, then you should note that these third parties will have their own privacy and cookie policies, and that we are not responsible for their use of any personal data you provide to them.
Although we do our best to ensure the security of personal data provided to us (and to use only reputable service providers), any transmission of data via the Internet is by its nature insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data you provide to us. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.
The Site contains a link to our Edison Portal. Should you select this link, the terms of the relevant agreement you or the organisation you are acting on behalf has entered into with us to provide our services and the terms shown on the Portal shall apply.
Under the DPA and GDPR you have rights, which include:
- the right to access personal data held by us about you;
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data;
- the right to request that we rectify the personal data we hold about you;
- the right to request that we restrict personal data we hold about you;
- the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data;
- the right to request that we erase personal data we hold about you; and
- the right to raise concerns with us.
If you wish to exercise your rights or have any questions about this Policy, including Cookies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and title your correspondence ‘Privacy Rights’. You may also address concerns to the data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office, and find more information about your rights on its website.
Cookies and Data Storage
The cookies we use allow us to monitor the use of the Site and Portal and to improve our service offering. We use these kinds of cookies:
Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies enable our Site to operate, without them you would be unable to access the Site. They also record your consent to cookies.
Marketing Cookies: We do not currently use these. If we add any to our Site we will explain their purpose to you and request your consent.
Personalisation Cookies: We do not currently use these. If we add any to our Site we will explain their purpose to you and request your consent.
Analytics Cookies: These cookies allow us to recognise and count visitors to or users of the Site and analyse their actions and movements on the Site. This helps us improve the Site (for instance by ensuring that users can find key functions easily).
- Hotjar Web Analytics: The Site uses HotJar web analytics captured by passive collection. It does not collect any personally identifiable information. The sole purpose of passively collecting this information is to improve your overall experience. It is automatically collected, whilst navigating through and interacting with the site. Information collected includes user mouse activity, browser and device specific log data (a) Your device's IP address (collected and stored in an anonymized format), (b) Device screen size, (c) Device type (unique device identifiers) and browser information, (d) Geographic location (country only), and (e) Preferred language used to display the webpage.
- Google Analytics: The Site uses Google Analytics. For further information about Google Analytics please see https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
You may block cookies by activating settings on your browser which allow you to refuse the setting of some or all cookies. If you choose to block all cookies you may not be able to access all or some parts of our Site. You can change your cookie preferences at any time by clicking the cookie icon on the bottom right hand side of your screen.
Most cookies we use are known as session cookies. These cookies will expire whenever you close your browser or shut down your computer, and such cookies need not be blocked. Other cookies used for specific purpose will expire when that purpose is no longer required.
You can find out more about cookies at http://aboutcookies.org.